Better late than never.
- Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert Pirsig (1974)
- My Salinger Year, Joanna Rakoff (2008)
- A Queer History of the United States, Michael Bronski (2011)
- A Clockwork Orange (1971)
- Chasing Amy (1997)
- O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)
- 13th (2016)
- Minimalism (2016)
- Rogue One (2016)
- Pop Culture Happy Hour
- TED Radio Hour
Thoughts & reflections:
- My media log is a reflection of my month. Not much time for reading, but plenty of movie-watching thanks to Christmas crafting and such (I like to have something on in the background while I sew/crochet/etc.).
- I’m glad my reading for 2016 concluded with some philosophy (Zen) and queer history. And Salinger, of course.
- I went to the movie theater only 4 times this year, and 2 of those times was to see a Star Wars film — Force Awakens
and Rogue One. Star Wars movies are like the bookends to my year.
- Ah, I finally watched A Clockwork Orange. I’ve held out so long because it’s one of my all-time favorite books. Kubrick’s film adaptation is so ubiquitous in pop culture, I felt as if I’d already watched it before.
- I’m slowly learning how to just “put something on” Netflix. I waste so much time deciding what to watch, and then some of my favorite films this year have been whims. The documentaries this month were especially thought-provoking.
Ideas for next month:
- Thinking on my 2017 media resolutions!