- Ragtime, E.L. Doctorow (1974)
- The Big Questions: A Short Introduction to Philosophy, Robert C. Solomon (1997)
- The Circle, Dave Eggers (2013)
- We Were Feminists Once: From Riot Grrrl to CoverGirl, the Buying and Selling of a Political Movement, Andi Zeisler (2016)
- Chewing Gum (S1)
Thoughts & reflections:
- I finally took the time to dig into some philosophy fundamentals, which I’ve been meaning to do for a while. These aren’t breezy reads. I’m also half-way through a Ralph Waldo Emerson collection. I’m taking my time with some of this stuff, taking notes, studying, absorbing. That equals less books finished this month, but I can’t complain.
- I didn’t watch much this month either, but Tickled was one of the wildest documentaries I’ve ever seen. And Chewing Gum was refreshingly weird.
- What was the last non-documentary film I’ve watched? It’s been a while.
- My media success of the month was discovering how to watch live streaming TV without cable. Specifically, how to watch the premier of Ru Paul’s Drag Race. I can stream live from the VH1 website! So excited! I wonder if there are other channels I can do this with?
- I was sick through some of March, which meant more sleeping and overall less reading, watching, doing, being…
Ideas for next month:
- I’m contemplating moving this blog onto another platform, if I can find the time.
- Often, when I find pockets of time to watch something, I’m struck with decision fatigue, and I just don’t watch anything. I’m thinking on what I can do about this. I was using the National Film Registry as my curated list of films to watch, but it’s become daunting, and many of the movies aren’t available on my streaming services. Hmm.