- NPR’s Up First
- Pop Culture Happy Hour
Thoughts & reflections:
- I discovered a new favorite podcast this month. Nancy! It’s so fun and queer, and it just makes me happy. I checked it out based on a recommendation from Pop Culture Happy Hour. One podcast leads to another, I suppose.
- Speaking of podcasts, Up First is the first reliable source of daily digestible news that I actually don’t mind. In fact, it’s kind of enjoyable, as far as news goes.
- Cover girl, put the bass in your walk…
- Since when did the Best Picture category at the Oscars become a competition for Saddest Movie Ever? Dear lord. Manchester by the Sea is sad and then gets sadder and then your heart’s falling out of your chest and then — credits. And Moonlight was sad but also beautiful and wonderful and wahhh emotions.
- Can Saga please last forever? That’s the whole idea of a saga right? Well thank god because I never want it to end.
- Head to toe… let your whole body talk…
Ideas for next month;
- My summer reading list is overwhelming. Good thing it’s currently 49 degrees and doesn’t feel like summer.
- That photo of me in the sidebar doesn’t even look like me anymore. Well damn. I need to figure out what to do next with this blog, if that’s even what it is.
COMICS / GRAPHIC:
TV / EPISODES:
- Gravity Falls
- Regular Show
- Bob’s Burgers
- Welcome to Night Vale (episodes 16-39)
- Lore (episodes 1 – 6)
- Invisibilia (Season 1)
- Serial (Season 1)
Thoughts & reflections:
- All about the audio this month. In addition to my rampant podcast listening, two out of my five books I listened to as audiobooks. I spent a lot of time in the car in October, what can I say? Thank you LibriVox. Thank you NPR. And all hail the glow cloud.
- Considering it was October, I didn’t really read anything spooky, did I? Miss Peregrine was slightly spooky, I guess. I believe it’s going to make a great Tim Burton film.
- I read some good graphic novels this month. Here was so inky, the book itself smelled weird, but it was awesome.
- I’m not above watching Minions. But I am free to admit that I thought it was pretty terrible.
- If you’re going to watch a foreign film with dubbing, make sure the English voice actors aren’t atrocious. I don’t know what version of Let the Right One In I watched, but the voice acting was so, so bad. So bad, it was comical.
- It looks like I didn’t watch any movies this month, but I’m not counting my re-watching of Halloween favorites (speaking of Tim Burton).
- I’m somewhat surprised how much reading I got done considering my dramatic schedule change. I discovered that my local library is busier at night than it is during the day (not surprising). And I have a newfound appreciation for lazy Sunday reading. And though Serial may have been one of the most engrossing series I’ve ever listened to, I’d be fine never to drive a car ever again, thanks very much.
Ideas for next month:
- I will play it by ear. HAH. Get it? Because I’m still going to be podcasting/audio-reading for awhile. Is what it is. I’ll take the opportunity to catch up on some public domain classics.
- Good movies. I want to watch them.
- Psychology books shall be read.