- Flight Behavior, Barbara Kingsolver (2012)
- Men Explain Things to Me, Rebecca Solnit (2014)
- M Train, Patti Smith (2015)
- Paper Girls, Vol. 3, Brian K. Vaughan (2017)
- Transparent (S4)
- Up First
- Pop Culture Happy Hour
- It’s Been a Minute with Sam Sanders
- Nancy (wnyc)
- Philosophize This!
- Design Matters with Debbie Millman
Thoughts & reflections:
- So happy to have found the Philosophize This! podcast. I’m only 3 or 4 years behind, but I’m catching up and learning lots.
- Also happy that Transparent is back! Season 4 wasn’t my favorite, but still compelling and certainly worth watching.
- Frances Ha might be my most favorite movie I’ve seen so far this year, which is a pleasant surprise considering this year hasn’t been much for movie-watching.
- It looks like I didn’t read much, but the majority of my reading time went into a 500+ page historical nonfiction tome that I didn’t quite finish in time for October. I’ll save it for next month’s log.
Ideas for next month:
- October is a busy month, but I’m going on a week-long “unplug” vacation which means lots of writing and reading. Can’t wait.
- I might make a rare trip to the movie theater to see the Blade Runner sequel. Also can’t wait.