- If You Want to Write, Brenda Ueland (1983)
- A Visit from the Goon Squad, Jennifer Egan (2010)
- The Garden of Small Beginnings, Abbi Waxman (2017)
- NPR’s Up First
- Pop Culture Happy Hour
Thoughts & reflections:
- I discovered a new favorite podcast this month. Nancy! It’s so fun and queer, and it just makes me happy. I checked it out based on a recommendation from Pop Culture Happy Hour. One podcast leads to another, I suppose.
- Speaking of podcasts, Up First is the first reliable source of daily digestible news that I actually don’t mind. In fact, it’s kind of enjoyable, as far as news goes.
- Cover girl, put the bass in your walk…
- Since when did the Best Picture category at the Oscars become a competition for Saddest Movie Ever? Dear lord. Manchester by the Sea is sad and then gets sadder and then your heart’s falling out of your chest and then — credits. And Moonlight was sad but also beautiful and wonderful and wahhh emotions.
- Can Saga please last forever? That’s the whole idea of a saga right? Well thank god because I never want it to end.
- Head to toe… let your whole body talk…
Ideas for next month;
- My summer reading list is overwhelming. Good thing it’s currently 49 degrees and doesn’t feel like summer.
- That photo of me in the sidebar doesn’t even look like me anymore. Well damn. I need to figure out what to do next with this blog, if that’s even what it is.